Over break I wrote up a short article about Wukan and Occupy Wall Street for Nathan and Eric’s fantastic blog, Waging Nonviolence. It mostly focuses on how Wukan likely isn’t a harbinger for revolution in China–a fact which doesn’t make it any less inspiring. I then examine some of the tactics they used to prove to the Chinese government of their “non-revolutionary” intentions and the successful outcome which came about because of this decision to keep the protest local.
- Fave #PyConOpenSpaces today was wide-ranging cryptography discussion (seminar might be better word for it!). Ty… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 week ago
- Thanks to all speakers and organizers! Links and vids for above: 1. Dask: github.com/TomAugspurger/…… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 week ago
- Fantastic first 3 days of #PyCon2018. My highlights: 1. got the hang of Dask (@TomAugspurger et al) 2. realized I… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 week ago
- RT @ashleyesarey: Just out in the International Journal of Communication my co-edited special section on Uncivil Society in Digital #China,… 1 week ago
- Excited and proud to be included with folks I respect so much -- and all writing on such a timely topic. Thanks to… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 week ago
- @bapmiller Haha, no offense taken! Thanks for sharing and congrats on the postdoc! 2 months ago