Over break I wrote up a short article about Wukan and Occupy Wall Street for Nathan and Eric’s fantastic blog, Waging Nonviolence. It mostly focuses on how Wukan likely isn’t a harbinger for revolution in China–a fact which doesn’t make it any less inspiring. I then examine some of the tactics they used to prove to the Chinese government of their “non-revolutionary” intentions and the successful outcome which came about because of this decision to keep the protest local.
- @lotus_ruan @citizenlab @grayops Haha, his middle name is Funky-Fresh 1 day ago
- If you've ever wondered how one might design a system to block "offending" content and the steps "adversaries" migh… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 days ago
- @adamferriss @nytdevs @nicksrockwell @mhkeller @NYTInteractive Thanks! Not 100% it's that, but would assume so. Att… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 5 days ago
- @nytdevs @nicksrockwell @mhkeller @adamferriss Hi NYT, ur article on fake YouTube views is driving my CPU crazy, fa… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 5 days ago
- ICYMI A very thorough overview of Chinese social media censorship by @PENamerican @joannachiu et al feat… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago
- Fave #PyConOpenSpaces today was wide-ranging cryptography discussion (seminar might be better word for it!). Ty… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 3 months ago