Over break I wrote up a short article about Wukan and Occupy Wall Street for Nathan and Eric’s fantastic blog, Waging Nonviolence. It mostly focuses on how Wukan likely isn’t a harbinger for revolution in China–a fact which doesn’t make it any less inspiring. I then examine some of the tactics they used to prove to the Chinese government of their “non-revolutionary” intentions and the successful outcome which came about because of this decision to keep the protest local.
- @mattprigge found your playlist on spotify, just wanted to say thank you thank you thank you, was driving me crazy… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 months ago
- @lotus_ruan sending you lots of good energy and wishing you the best. always around to chat if you're looking for a… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 months ago
- RT @RonDeibert: The Trump Administration's purge of the @OpenTechFund is an affront to the entire Internet rights community worldwide. @gra… 5 months ago
- RT @lotus_ruan: fyi my test was conducted on 0327, with ssht taken. the result you showed--which i assume is from march 28/29--is also corr… 7 months ago
- One of my favorite things I've ever had published: an interview with @eosnos in @GuernicaMag from nearly 5 years ag… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 year ago
- RT @jetsumgerl: #UnderstandingTheSocial ways in which a post gets posted on Weibo @carwyn https://t.co/GCAdoEMfLB 1 year ago