Over break I wrote up a short article about Wukan and Occupy Wall Street for Nathan and Eric’s fantastic blog, Waging Nonviolence. It mostly focuses on how Wukan likely isn’t a harbinger for revolution in China–a fact which doesn’t make it any less inspiring. I then examine some of the tactics they used to prove to the Chinese government of their “non-revolutionary” intentions and the successful outcome which came about because of this decision to keep the protest local.
- @chrisdavis31 Apologies, can't. Best wishes with the show. 1 month ago
- WeChat+Weibo censorship after #LiuXiaobo passing citizenlab.ca/2017/07/analyz… We @citizenlab find new blocking measures… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 month ago
- RT @lotus_ruan: 我们研究了微信和微博针对刘晓波逝世的信息审查，初步分析显示，在刘晓波去世後审查力度大幅增加，以至于任何对刘晓波的讨论乃至简单提及也不被允许。@grayops @lokmantsui @jasonqng @bapmiller https://t.c… 1 month ago
- @GreatFireChina @nerysinchina @tomphillipsin @iheartbeijing @TheEconomist @grayops Check our latest @citizenlab rep… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 month ago
- RT @lotus_ruan: This report is a continuation of our #WeChat prjc & @jasonqng's work on #Weibo. Chinese sum is also available here: https:/… 4 months ago
- Mustread: @citizenlab report on WeChat restrictions of rights discussions citizenlab.org/2017/04/we-can… @lotus_ruan Knockel @grayops #709Crackdown 4 months ago