Over break I wrote up a short article about Wukan and Occupy Wall Street for Nathan and Eric’s fantastic blog, Waging Nonviolence. It mostly focuses on how Wukan likely isn’t a harbinger for revolution in China–a fact which doesn’t make it any less inspiring. I then examine some of the tactics they used to prove to the Chinese government of their “non-revolutionary” intentions and the successful outcome which came about because of this decision to keep the protest local.
- RT @samuel_wade: My go-to quote on this, from @jasonqng: "During the Mao era, historian Steve Smith has written, rumors were considered to… 1 month ago
- @jreback Thanks! Cleaned it up a bit more and am hopeful it meets your satisfaction. Much appreciated! 2 months ago
- @jreback Would love to have your (hopefully final :) review of this pandas-gbq PR. I made the functions more modula… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 months ago
- RT @GreatFireChina: More excellent research from Citizen Lab, showing great level of detail around censorship on WeChat https://t.co/ROevJM… 2 months ago
- @jreback Much appreciate your thorough comments. It's ready for your review again. I did my best to address ur Qs,… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 months ago
- @jreback Output of tests as requested: github.com/pydata/pandas-…. Everything passes & I think I've addressed all ques… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 3 months ago