Over break I wrote up a short article about Wukan and Occupy Wall Street for Nathan and Eric’s fantastic blog, Waging Nonviolence. It mostly focuses on how Wukan likely isn’t a harbinger for revolution in China–a fact which doesn’t make it any less inspiring. I then examine some of the tactics they used to prove to the Chinese government of their “non-revolutionary” intentions and the successful outcome which came about because of this decision to keep the protest local.
- It's those kinds of small dramas in @lehilgers sensitive portrayal of Zhuang Liehong (plus others) that detail spec… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 month ago
- Interesting timing reading @lehilgers PATRIOT NUMBER ONE now, which follows an escaped political dissident trying t… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 month ago
- Proud to be able to share what I — along with some incredibly talented engineers, researchers, designers, product f… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 months ago
- @Postmates_Help @splaice @Basti @Rob_Rieders Finally was able to open ticket to delete account, but seriously, plea… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 months ago
- @Postmates_Help @splaice @Basti @Rob_Rieders I DMed and got a response to delete my account using the link in my or… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 months ago
- @Postmates I seriously hope you didn't intentionally break your Delete Account form. Submission always fails becaus… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 months ago