Over break I wrote up a short article about Wukan and Occupy Wall Street for Nathan and Eric’s fantastic blog, Waging Nonviolence. It mostly focuses on how Wukan likely isn’t a harbinger for revolution in China–a fact which doesn’t make it any less inspiring. I then examine some of the tactics they used to prove to the Chinese government of their “non-revolutionary” intentions and the successful outcome which came about because of this decision to keep the protest local.
- RT @lotus_ruan: This report is a continuation of our #WeChat prjc & @jasonqng's work on #Weibo. Chinese sum is also available here: https:/… 2 months ago
- Mustread: @citizenlab report on WeChat restrictions of rights discussions citizenlab.org/2017/04/we-can… @lotus_ruan Knockel @grayops #709Crackdown 2 months ago
- @andmattson Haha, yikes, looks like a terrible present to get for your birthday. 2 months ago
- After the USSR dominated the early Cold War with advantages across the Middle East and Europe,… instagram.com/p/BSWXCR6gkJi/ 2 months ago
- @jwassers @KaiserKuo Thank you! Always nice to be reminded that going to grad school was worth it :) 4 months ago
- The latest from @citizenlab on how WeChat dynamically censors time-sensitive, event-based content within its app.… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 5 months ago